Saturday, November 28, 2009

Drawing - Hermit Thrush


 
Hermit Thrush, Graphite on Paper
Copyright 2009, Nicole MacPherson

There are four varieties of brown thrush, and all we get all four!  What a task to try and tell them apart!  Hermit Thrushes have a rufous-colored tail, and to my eye, look a bit stubbier than the others!  The thrushes that visit our yard pick berries from our Virginia Creeper vine, a plant that was already in place when we moved in eight years ago, but has grown to cover most of an ugly chainlink fence.  VC is prolific, pretty, and attracts the birds that won't come to feeders!  What's not to love? 

2 comments:

  1. This drawing of a hermit thrush takes my breath away! It is so sweet and lovely! You have a wonderful blog here! I found you because of Roy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathie, so nice of you to say! Glad you found me - I sure do like Roy's blog!

    ReplyDelete